Tyler Seguin and Jamie Benn took control for Dallas, Phil Kessel led the Leafs, Henrik Lundqvist was lit up again, Alex Ovechkin

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 29.03.2018 09:51

Tyler Seguin and Jamie Benn took control for Dallas, Phil Kessel led the Leafs, Henrik Lundqvist was lit up again, Alex Ovechkin with a strong game and more in todays Statistically Speaking. Brad Nortman Jersey . STARS’ SEGUIN, BENN TOO MUCH FOR BLUE JACKETS Stars C Tyler Seguin had a hat trick and LW Jamie Benn had a goal and three assists as the Stars doubled-up Columbus 4-2. Seguin and D Trevor Daley tied for the Stars’ team lead with nine shot attempts. Seguin had a strong possession game, especially when he was matched against Blue Jackets D Jack Johnson, generating 17 shots for and five against (77.3%) when matched head-to-head against Johnson at even strength. Johnson did assist on both Columbus goals, however, contributing to the first two goals of the season by C Ryan Johansen. With RW Valeri Nichushkin having a hip flexor checked out, Colton Sceviour moved up to play right wing with the Stars’ top scorers and contributed an assist. More: In addition to being part of all of Dallas’ goals, Benn fought with Blue Jackets LW Nick Foligno late in the second period…Blue Jackets LW Scott Hartnell was a minus-4, despite positive (14 shot attempts for, 13 against) possession stats…Blue Jackets rookie RW Marko Dano took some lumps (3 shot attempts for, 14 against, 17.7%)…Blue Jackets rookie RW Alexander Wennberg generated a team-leading eight shot attempts (6 SOG). KESSEL LIFTS LEAFS TO OT WIN Maple Leafs RW Phil Kessel scored in overtime to give Toronto a 3-2 win over Colorado. Kessel also added an assist and registered six shots on goal. Avalanche RW Jarome Iginla had a pair of assists and dropped the gloves to go with former Flames teammate Dion Phaneuf, but linesmen intervened before they could engage. Second-year Avalanche C Nathan MacKinnon played 13:20, his lowest time on ice since the 10th game of his rookie season. Toronto’s second line of LW Joffrey Lupul, C Nazem Kadri and RW Daniel Winnik posted the team’s best possession stats, with all three over 65%. More: Maple Leafs D Cody Franson had 11 shot attempts (7 SOG)…Maple Leafs C Tyler Bozak had two assists…All three on Toronto’s fourth line – Richard Panik, Peter Holland and Brandon Kozun – played less than six minutes…Maple Leafs G James Reimer stopped 22 of 24 shots for the win…Maple Leafs D Jake Gardiner was a healthy scratch for the second consecutive game. Seriously. ISLANDERS TAKE MANHATTAN Jaroslav Halak stopped 40 of 43 shots as the New York Islanders won 6-3 over the Rangers at Madison Square Garden. It was the second straight game in which Rangers G Henrik Lundqvist allowed six goals, the first time since December 16 and 23, 2006 that he allowed a dozen goals in back-to-back games. He did, however, allow 10 goals in 89:19 during his third and fourth games of the 2013-2014 season. Islanders C John Tavares and RW Kyle Okposo each had a goal and an assist. Okposo led the Isles with eight shot attempts (5 SOG). A day after becoming a father, Rangers LW Rick Nash scored a pair of goals, though he had the Blueshirts’ worst possession stats (8 shot attempts for, 15 against, 34.8%). More: Islanders C Mikhail Grabovski had a goal and an assist while RW Ryan Strome had a couple of assissts…In his first game for the Rangers, LW Ryan Malone had five hits and fared well in 5-on-5 shot differential (14 for, 3 against, 82.6%). DUCKS FLYING Ducks rookie C William Karlsson scored the shootout winner, one night after scoring his first two NHL goals, as Anaheim won 4-3 in a shootout at Philadelphia. Joining Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry on Anaheim’s top line, LW Matt Beleskey scored a goal, registered seven shot attempts (5 SOG) and had eight hits in 17:16 of ice time. It was the third straight game in which Beleskey has scored a goal and the last time he received more ice time in a regular-season game was March 8, 2013. Flyers C Claude Giroux had a pair of assists and tied with linemate Jakub Voracek for a game-high nine shot attempts. Voracek also had a terrific possession game (20 shot attempts for, 5 against). More: Ducks G Frederik Andersen, starting back-to-back games (after facing 12 shots against Buffalo Monday) stopped 39 of 42 shots…Flyers RW Wayne Simmonds had a strong game with a goal and an assist as well as game-best possession stats (22 for, 4 against, 84.6%). CAPITALS RALLY BEFORE LOSING IN SHOOTOUT After falling behind 4-1, the Washington Capitals forced overtime, tying the game with 4:35 remaining in the third period, before losing in a shootout. Capitals LW Alex Ovechkin led the attack with two goals, one assist and 13 shot attempts (8 SOG), playing 23:41 and starting more even-strength shifts in the defensive zone. While that might reflect some level of trust from head coach Barry Trotz, it could also be questionable usage for Washington’s best offensive performer. Capitals D Mike Green contributed a goal and an assist and had a terrific possession game (22 shot attempts for, 6 against, 78.6%). Sharks C Joe Thornton had a couple assists and led Sharks forwards with 22:25 ice time. Sharks D Matt Irwin, playing his first game of the season, scored the first two goals of the game for San Jose. More: LW John Scott scored for the Sharks; it was his first goal since December 27, 2013, a span of 37 games…Capitals G Braden Holtby was pulled after allowing three goals on seven shots… Capitals C Nicklas Backstrom and D John Carlson both had two assists…Carlson was also minus-4… Sharks RW Tommy Wingels tallied a goal and an assist. SABRES OVER ‘CANES Marcus Foligno scored a pair of goals as the Buffalo Sabres took a 4-3 shootout win in Carolina. Hurricanes LW Zach Boychuk had a goal and an assist, as did C Riley Nash, who played a career-high 21:20, and LW Chris Terry. This is the trio that led the depleted Carolina attack. Sabres C Tyler Ennis was dominated (3 shot attempts for, 21 against, 12.5%) in the possession game…Linemates LW Matt Moulson (4 for, 22 against, 15.4%) and RW Drew Stafford (4 for, 21 against, 15.7%) weren’t much better. More: Hurricanes D Andrej Sekera left the game with an upper body injury after slamming into the end boards…As if the Hurricanes needed another significant injury… For the second straight game, Sabres D Josh Gorges had a team-leading eight shot attempts, but had six blocked. CAMMALLERI LEADS DEVILS Devils LW Mike Cammalleri scored the game-winning goal and assisted on another in New Jersey’s 2-1 win at Tampa Bay. One night after a dominating display against Montreal, Tampa Bay’s Steven Stamkos was locked down by the Devils, finding it difficult to create any chances when matched against New Jersey’s top line of Cammalleri, C Travis Zajac and RW Jaromir Jagr, managing two shot attempts for and 10 against when Zajac and Jagr were on the ice at even strength. New Jersey had four players with more shot attempts than Cammalleri’s four, and all four were defencemen – Damon Severson (6), Marek Zidlicky (6), Eric Gelinas (5) and Bryce Salvador (5). Severson had the best possession stats (13 shot attempts for, 7 against, 65.0%) in the game for New Jersey. More: Devils G Cory Schneider stopped 26 of 27 shots for the win; Lightning G Evgeni Nabokov saved 23 of 25 shots. DEFENCE PAIR IGNITES FLAMES Flames defencemen T.J. Brodie and Mark Giordano each had a goal and an assist as Calgary took a 3-2 shootout decision in Nashville. Through the first four games of the season, there may not be a defence pair more valuable to their team than Giordano and Brodie, who play the hard minutes and still have outstanding relative possession numbers. The Calgary line of LW Jiri Hudler, C Sean Monahan and RW Devin Setoguchi were on for 75% or better of even-strength shot attempts against Nashville. Flames rookie LW Johnny Gaudreau didn’t register a shot on goal for the third time in four games and had Calgary’s worst possession results (4 shot attempts for, 15 against, 21.1%). More: Predators RW Craig Smith assisted on both goals, and registered a game-high eight shot attempts (5 SOG)… Predators D Shea Weber played a game-high 30:53 and D Ryan Ellis logged 20:37, the second straight game in which he played more than 20 minutes. OILERS OVERMATCHED IN L.A. Injuries sent the Edmonton Oilers undermanned into a matchup with the defending Stanley Cup champs and the results were predictable, a lopsided 6-1 win for the Kings. Kings rookie LW Tanner Pearson had two goals and an assist to lead the way. His linemates, RW Tyler Toffoli and C Jeff Carter both had a goal and an assist. That trio has scored nine of the Kings’ 12 goals this season. With Marian Gaborik out of the lineup, Mike Richards joined Anze Kopitar and Justin Williams on what is, ostensibly, the Kings’ No. 1 line. Edmonton was missing C Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and RW Jordan Eberle, leaving LW Taylor Hall to play with C Mark Arcobello and RW Teddy Purcell on the top line. More: Oilers G Viktor Fasth left the game after allowing three goals on 11 shots on goal…Oilers D Jeff Petry was a healthy scratch and is rumoured to be on the trade block. Much of the data included comes from www.war-on-ice.com, www.puckalytics.com, www.hockeystats.ca and www.naturalstattrick.com Scott Cullen can be reached at scott.cullen@bellmedia.ca Telvin Smith Jersey . LOUIS -- When Braves second baseman Tyler Pastornicky backpedaled into shallow right field to catch the popup and Jason Heyward didnt arrive fast enough to take charge, Kolten Wong got the green light. Justin Blackmon Jersey .com) - The Eastern Conferences best team takes on one of its worst Tuesday night when the Atlanta Hawks pay a visit to the Wells Fargo Center to take on the Philadelphia 76ers. http://www.shopthejaguarsonline.com/Elite-Blake-Bortles-Jaguars-Jersey/ .C. - Alberta prop Andrew Tiedemann will captain Canada against Uruguay on Friday, the opening day of competition at the IRB Americas Rugby Championship.The last round of Premier League fixtures threw up yet more eye-catching facts and figures. This week Martin Tylers stats and facts column looks at a teams’ biggest points difference from one season to the next, the most amount of players used at the halfway stage of a campaign, sides with identical league records, highest-scoring New Year’s Day fixture lists and the lowest-scoring Premier League outfits.Send your questions to Martin 1. Use the feedback form at the bottom of this page.2. Tweet @SkyFootball using the hashtag #TylersTeasersMartins 40th anniversaryDecember 28 marked the 40th anniversary of my first commentary on television, but I must admit it seems like 40 months, rather than 40 years.On December 28 1974, I commentated on Southampton v Sheffield Wednesday and I was back at Southampton 40 years on for the Premier League game with Chelsea. I drove to St Mary’s on the morning of the match with my two children - Adam (27) and Jenny (25) - and while The Dell (where that game was played) is no longer standing, the configuration of the roads around is still the same and with a little imagination I could recall the apprehension of 40 years ago.We drove past the place where the Sheffield Wednesday side of 1974, very helpfully for me, had done a bit of light training ahead of the game. I had hoped to see them in the team hotel to check all the faces, so I got a real head start when I saw them all running around 15 yards from me.All you want in life is a chance and it’s up to you if you take it. Mine probably came ahead of schedule; I had been working behind the scenes as an Editorial Assistant on The Big Match and On the Ball at ITV and had done a couple of test tapes for my own entertainment - without ever thinking that within two months I would be doing a game that was actually shown on television.Lawrie McMenemy was the Southampton manager that day and in the last 40 years we have become friends, so it was good to see him at St Mary’s and we met up after the game. I thanked him for his kindness of 40 years before because he had really helped me learn about his team. In fact, within 18 months I was the TV reporter on the bus with Southampton travelling to the 1976 FA Cup Final. Martin Tyler speaks to Goals on Sunday as he celebrates the 40th anniversary of his first TV commentary. On the anniversary day, I did some interviews for Sky Sports News HQ and Goals on Sunday. It’s hard talking about yourself when you spend your life talking about other people, but I smiled and got on with it. My producer, Scott Melvin, remarked to me with a smile: ‘this wouldn’t be a good day to mess it up, would it?’Fortunately it was a very interesting and hard-fought game, but it would be wrong for me to say it wasn’t special. My son presented me with an album full of kind messages from people I had worked with throughout my 40 years in TV and football. It was a very humbling experience to read those and I will get round to thanking everybody personally, but I would like thank them all here – as well as thanking everybody who said kind things on social media and through this column. All I’ve done is try my best every week since that first match, living out the privilege of being the representative of the viewers at the game.Anyway, back to work. Let’s look at some stats…Points mean prizes Blackburn manager Roy Hodgson brought about an upturn in the clubs form in 1997/98 Hi Martin, I see that Everton and West Ham United have both had vastly contrasting starts to this season compared to last season. So can you tell me what has been the biggest points differential of a Premier League team after 20 games of a season compared to the previous one? (Simon, Winchester)MARTIN SAYS: The two clubs that you mentioned this season, Everton and West Ham, both have a 17-point differential from this time last year, although Evertons total has gone down, while West Hams has increased.However, the biggest-ever points difference after the 20-game mark in the history of the Premier League is held by Blackburn Rovers, who suffered a 22-point drop off between the 1997/98 and 1998/99 campaigns.Blackburn manager Roy Hodgson, who had guided the club to an impressive sixth-place league finish the previous campaign, paid with his job in November 1998, with Brian Kidd replacing him in the Ewood Park dugout.However, it was not enough to prevent the club from being relegated to the Championship come the end of the campaign.Meanwhile, Blackburn and Wimbledon have also both enjoyed 20-point surges across a 12-month period.As mentioned above, the former responded to a disappointing campaign in 1996/97 to achieve a sixth-place finish under Hodgson the following season on the back of having accumulated 40 points after 20 matches in that campaign, 20 more than they had managed at the same stage the previous year.Meanwhile, Wimbledon enjoyed one of their best-ever Premier League campaigns in 1996/97, with Joe Kinnear’s men ending that season in an impressive eighth place in the standings having amassed 38 points after 20 fixtures, again 20 more than they had achieved 12 months earlier.Player power United have used a whopping 331 players in the Premier League so far this season Hello Martin, I read that Manchester United have used 31 different players in the Premier League so far this season, but what is the highest amount ever used by any team at the halfway stage of a campaign? Gill, SwanseaMARTIN SAYS: Yes, you are absolutely right about Manchester United Gill, and in fact they have now broken the record for the highest amount of players ever used at the midpoint of a Premier League season (31). Earl Watford Jersey. They had actually used that many after only 10 games – and have used no new players since Michael Carrick came back as a substitute against Man City. That makes it even more remarkable.That beats the previous record set by Watford back in the 1999/2000 campaign, when manager Graham Taylor used 30 different players by the halfway point of that season.However, it was still not enough to prevent the Hornets being relegated to the Championship after finishing bottom of the table that May.Meanwhile, Newcastle United got through 29 players after 19 games of both the 1998/99 and 1999/2000 seasons under the management of Kenny Dalglish, Ruud Gullit and Bobby Robson.And seven clubs have utilised 28 players at the middle stage of a Premier League campaign, including the likes of Middlesbrough (2001/02), Everton and Newcastle (2000/01), Derby County and United (1999/2000), Southampton (1996/97 and 1997/98) and Oldham Athletic (1993/94).In 2013/14, Fulham used 39 different players in the entire campaign, which is the most a club has used in a COMPLETE Premier League season season.Copycats Chelsea and champions City have identical league records after 20 games of the campaign I read that this is only the fourth time in English top-flight history that two sides have been top with the exact same record after November. When has it happened before? Matt BrambleMARTIN SAYS: You are correct to say that on four previous occasions we have seen two teams at the top with the same number of points and the same number of goals for and against - but never before have two teams at the top after November also boast the same number of games won/drawn/lost, as both Chelsea and Manchester City do now.Both sides have won 14 games, drawn four and lost two and have also scored (44) and conceded (19).It was a similar story on January 10, 2004 as Arsenal and Manchester United were level on 49 points, having both scored 40 goals and conceded 14. However, Arsenal were unbeaten from 21 matches, while United had lost three times but won two more games than the Gunners, who would go on to win the league.Arsenal also held the same record as Chelsea on December 12, 2003 after each side had collected 39 points from their opening 17 matches. They had also both scored 31 goals and conceded only 12, although Arsenal were again unbeaten in the 17-game stretch, while Chelsea had lost twice but won a game more. Neither side would go on to win the league as Manchester United pipped them both to the title.The only time two teams have been level at the top with identical records after November was back in 1924 when Notts County and West Bromwich Albion shared top spot. The two sides both had 24 points and a goal difference average of 1.8 after 19 games on December 13 that season.New Years Day Bonanza Spurs 5-3 win over Chelsea was the highest-scoring Premier League game ever played on New Years Day It was a great New Year’s Day with 33 goals being scored. Have any other New Year’s Days in the Premier League come close to matching that? (Tim Cartwright)MARTIN SAYS: It certainly was an amazing day in the Premier League, with goals flying in around the country. The 33 scored was four higher than the previous record of 29, which was set in 1996 and then repeated in 2005.In 1996 there were 4-2 wins for Liverpool and Sheffield Wednesday against Nottingham Forest and Bolton respectively, while Tottenham Hotspur beat Manchester United 4-1. The only match to finish goalless was Leeds United’s against Bolton Wanderers, with every other game producing at least two goals.Spurs also played a big part in the 29-goal haul in 2005 as they crushed Everton 5-2. There were 3-1 wins for Arsenal and Fulham over Charlton Athletic and Crystal Palace respectively and none of the 10 matches finished without a goal.Fourth on the list of highest-scoring New Year’s Days is 2007, when 25 goals were netted in just eight matches. The biggest scorers on that day were Reading, who thrashed West Ham United 6-0, while Liverpool beat Bolton 3-0 and Blackburn Rovers won by the same scoreline at Wigan.Spurs’ 5-3 victory over Chelsea last Thursday was also the highest-scoring match ever played on New Year’s Day in the Premier League, ahead of Spurs’ 5-2 win over Everton in 2005.Goal-sky Villians Villa have struggled badly for goals so far this campaign Aston Villa have only scored 11 goals in their 20 Premier League games so far this season, but has any team ever scored less at this stage and how many did they finish the campaign with? (Patrick Calloway)MARTIN SAYS: A couple of teams have actually scored less goals than Villa at the halfway stage of the season: Derby County in 2007/08 and Manchester City in 1995/96.Both sides netted just 10 goals in their first 20 matches, with Derby only managing to double that total by the end of the season. Perhaps that wasn’t surprising given that was the Rams side who finished with the lowest-ever points total in Premier League history and also won just one match all season.Manchester City fared better in the second half of the 1995/95 campaign as they finished with 33 goals, but, like Derby, they were still relegated.Everton also managed just 11 goals in the first half of the 2005/06 season, but scored 24 times more in the New Year to ensure they finished 11th in the table.Villa currently sit 12th in the Premier League standings thanks to five wins and seven draws from the 20 matches they have played so far. Cheap Jerseys 2018 Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

PORTLAND, OREGON – Vancouver Whitecaps FC claimed their second straight win at the Rose City Invitational on Wednesday, defeatin
HOUSTON - Rockets coach Kevin McHale lamented Houstons lack of effort in a lopsided loss to Golden State on Saturday. [url=http:

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz