[Szenario]The AoKH Totally Terrain Contest! hosted in AoKH

#1 von [<-sF->]Ryusaki , 22.03.2010 07:06

http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcg...&f=4,39672,0,30

This is a new contest I've begun. The AoKH "Totally Terrain" Contest.

It's a simple concept: A map designing contest in which you pour your heart and soul into doing the most beutifull map design you can - No Triggers Atall! (Exceptions are below)

Heres the rules:
There needs to be three judges: The judges can make a map if they wish, but it cant be reviewed by that judge.
I will be the first judge. I need two others.

Entree's must sign up in the thread, saying what there maps size will be, and any other information you care to share about it.

Maps MUST be fully detailed - No forest-walled of blank areas - This isnt the AoK campaign here...

Maps can be suitable for either an RPG styled map (Role Playing Game/Strategy) or a Random Map styled game. Its the entree's choice

Trigger Exceptions:
Name and Stat changes
Task, Remove, Damage, Patrol
Place Foundation, Research Technology

Current Judges:
BF_Tanks
Greo
Guthan

Current Entree's:
Popeychops
Fanica
(etc. etc)

The Deadline: The absaloute deadline to hand your work in and have it viewed by the judges will be:

AUGUST 21ST

What you will be judged on:
The Terrain: (10 Marks)
How well have you used Terrain's? Marks can be awarded for skilled and good looking terrain mixing and placing. Marks can be awarded/lost for other things too, such as what terrain is where and if it fits in that location. Elevation counts towards this mark, as does water.

The Eye-Candy: (20 Marks)
What kind of Eye-Candy have you used? Does the eye-candy fit in that location? Does it seem logical for that pine tree to be in the dessert? Marks can be awarded for good placment, and if you have used triggers, Triggerwork also contributes to your total mark. Eye-Candy includes every gaia and "other" object placed on your terrain - including wildlife.

The Theme: (5 Marks)
Does the maps theme fit with what you have placed on the map? Marks can be lost for things such as Cacti on Snow, unless you specifically mention that the theme of your map is fantasy/sci-fi, or a once-in-a-century snowstorm blizzard over the sahara.

Buildings, Forestry and Others: (10 Marks)
If you include a village, does the village fit in with its surroundings? If you have a large forest, is it accessible? is it detailed? Units can be used in your map for eye-candy purposes, and marks can be awarded for good use of units and buildings. This, and Eye-Candy are very similar, but this is more specific. (Say for example, you get awarded marks in Eye-Candy for having a forest, this is the more detailed mark which gives mark for how you made the forest come alive.)

The Reward for this has not yet been thought of. Ideas float by though, EEE V2 Beta? Crown and Septer? Knighthood? BF_Tanks' Beta Tester? I'm not sure as of yet.

Oh finally; I'll not be making a map for this. I'm a 100% judge, I want to see what You can do

http://www.age-community.net/forum/thread.php?threadid=17103

[<-sF->]Ryusaki

zuletzt bearbeitet 22.03.2010 | Top

[KI-Turnier]THE RULER's AI CHAMPIONSHIP
[KI-Turnier] 1vs1 Küste hosted by aiscripte

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz